Hello and welcome back. Today I am here with you to share my Dusty Atticmoodboard inspired project for August.
This is titled
“To the moon and back”…..
And below is the Dusty Attic moodboard that I drew inspiration from. For this project I used the colours of course and also the shabby features of the board along with laces to take from the sewing pieces in it as well.
Remember there is still time to enter your project for some awesome Dusty Attic chipboard prizes.
For this project I have used a photo of my youngest when she was only very young. There have been many of these photos from a sequence of photos that I have used over the years. So innocent and sweet!! I remember this day that her and I spent out in the garden as we did a lot back then. She decided to catch butterflies with the lobby net. I think she was successful but as always her sweet nature of course, was to release it and not to hurt it.
For the background papers I have used Maja Designs gorgeous Celebration Collection. This has become a true favourite of mine over the past month. The collection caters for most of those pretty shabby colours and it was especially a perfect fit for my project here. The papers are listed below.
And I have also used a couple of the Monochromes . These are just perfect for matching each collection or on their own, but this was great as I had run out of paper and need some matting for my photo.I did some tearing and layered up my papers to highlight my 4 x 6 portrait photo. And as mentioned. I used the monochromes to mat my photo.
I did lots of layering using this gorgeous lace. I cut it so that it formed a v on my layout which helped to frame my large lacey frame which I cut in half and laid at the base of the photo. This chipboard piece was inked and also sponged with a little of Dusty Attic’s Oceania Acrylic Paint. The smaller frame was also cut in half and laid at the top left of the layout to start my corner cluster .
Lacey Frames large and small
Below is more of the gorgeous pieces of Dusty that was used for this project. The pieces were all dressed similarly using Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Oceania Paint and a little gesso. Sponging paint over the dried ink gives a really interesting outcome.
I have also added in some gorgeous florals from 49andMarket from the Botanicals collection and a few tiny flowers from Garden Seeds. Each of these were dry brush with some gesso to lighten the colours a little. The stamens of the flowers were coloured with some chocolate liquid pearls. I also added in some tea stained cheesecloth and a few art stones.
I have also added in some jute that was tied around a group of the foliage and added to the front of the window and shutters that were bent to look aged.
Well that is all from me today. I do hope you have enjoyed my moodboard inspired project.
Until next time happy crafting.